Published On: Sun, Sep 1st, 2019

Meghan Markle’s father Thomas pleads with royals to see baby Archie – ‘Send me a picture’ | Royal | News


In his first interview since the birth of Meghan and Harry’s first child in May, Mr Markle has detailed the grief he has experienced at being excluded from his daughter’s and grandchild’s life. The 75-year-old, who lives alone in Rosarito, Mexico, has called on Meghan to sent a photograph of the little tot so he can frame it and put it next to his favourite childhood picture of Meghan. In a heartfelt interview, Meghan’s father said he wanted to see if Archie had the “famous Markle nose”.

Mr Markle told the Mail on Sunday: “I would like them to send me a picture of Archie so I can frame it and put it on my wall beside the one of Meghan.

“Isn’t that what any grandfather would want? I’d love to know if he’s got the famous Markle nose.”

Mr Markle also gave a rare-insight into the Duchess of Sussex’s childhood in the US and insisted he and ‘Meggie’ had been “so close”.

The former television lighting director, described his favourite picture of a two-year-old Meghan with big frizzy hair .

He said: “I took that photograph and I always loved it because of the pensive look on her face. That was my Meggie.

“We were so close. I would come home from work and I would hold her against my chest and we would walk around for hours and hours.

“Sometimes I get the feeling people think I don’t love my daughter. I do love her very much.

“I would love nothing more than to put a picture of Archie in a frame and place it beside the one of Meghan.”

Meghan gave birth to Archie on May, 6, and Mr Markle hoped motherhood would “mellow” her to finally end their feud.

However a further three months of no known contact has forced the 75-year-old to break his silence and claimed Meghan’s inner-circle are continued to block him out of her life.

He added: “There was never any problem between Meghan and me until recently.

READ MORE: Prince Harry gushes he ‘can’t wait’ to introduce baby Archie on tour

Mr Markle said: “I sent her a card via her financial adviser in LA but received no acknowledgement.

Meghan’s father also reiterated his regret at staging photographs with the paparazzi in the lead up to Meghan and Harry’s wedding day in 2018.

Mr Markle insisted it was done with the best intentions and stated he was approached by a photo agency to “improve my image because the press were making me look like a homeless guy”.

Mr Markle also said he would like to set the record straight, he added: “I’d like to do a piece saying the ten things people don’t know about me but there are way more than ten.

“What upsets me is when people who don’t know me say negative things about me. Until you know me, what gives you that right?”



Source link

Most Popular News